Summer 2018 13/14U Tryouts
When: Sat, 21-Apr-2018 - Sun, 22-Apr-2018
Where: Kits Beach, Vancouver, BC
Our 2018 Summer Tryouts are for female athletes that will train 2x a week in June and 3x per week in July/August. These groups will compete in local Volleyball BC tournaments, Pacific Northwest AVPFirst qualifiers, Provincials, and ideally either Canadian or US National Championships, we encourage and can help set up trips to California for exposure to the NCAA Beach Volleyball coaches and programs.
The summer training will be a comprehensive high performance program based on small coach to player ratios (1:6) to maximize individual feedback. The program will also include on and off court physical training, mental training, nutritional education, and full tournament coaching and support.
Only the top 8-12 athletes (spread among the different age groups) who have outstanding beach volleyball skill and knowledge will be selected as we have limited spots this year.
Summer Training Details:
13/14U athletes will have different training schedules based on number selected.
Last week of May and June
- Monday/Thursday evening Practices @ Kits Beach - Exact times are TBD.
- Monday/Thursday Physical Training at Kits beach - exact time TBD but it will be one hour before or one after practice (mandatory for all 15U-18U athletes, optional for 13/14U).
July & August
- Training 3 Days per week @ Kits Beach - daytime hours TBD
- 2 Physical Training sessions during daytime hours at Kits beach - exact time TBD but it will be one hour before or one after practice (mandatory for 15-19U athletes, optional for 13/14U).
The head coaches for all programs will be Sean Sanderson, and Craig Moore. Together they bring a wealth of experience in working with youth athletes in preparation for Provincial and National competition, the FIVB Youth and Junior World Championships, and NCAA Beach Volleyball.
Summer Training Fees:
The investment for a full summer of training (May - late August) will be ~ $1400 (payment plan available). Fees will be less for 13/14U will be less if you are not doing the physical training.
- ~ 36 practices in small coach:athlete ratios (1:6)
- ~20 physical training sessions
- mental training sessions
- sport nutrition workshops
- Gear package from RYU (girls will be able to shop themselves this year).
- tournament coaching and support
Athletes who make Team BC indoor will also be eligible for a refund for the time that they are away. For anyone unable to commit to the full summer of training, special considerations may be made on a case by case basis.
Athletes attending tryouts should have some prior beach volleyball experience or a high level of indoor training. No partner is necessary for tryouts. If you have someone you’d like to play with please note that on your tryout registration and we will weigh that in the tryout process.
Summer Tryout Details:
Saturday April 21st - 5pm-7pm
Sunday, April 22nd - 5pm-7pm
*please attend both dates. If you are unable to attend one of the dates please make a note of this in your registration and we may request an additional day to observe you.
Location: Kits Beach courts 11 & 12 (North end by the basketball courts)
Tryout Fees: $60 + GST, Our Tryouts are run more like training sessions than what is considered traditional tryouts. Girls will receive coaching and tips during tryouts.
Max. Participants: 24
Sign up before:
Fri, 20-Apr-2018 23:00
Email: Click here
Kits Beach, Vancouver, BC
View Larger Map
All Events by Sideout Beach Volleyball
Return to Menu