IABC/Toronto's Communicator of the Year Presentation
When: Fri, 22-Mar-2019 07:30 - Fri, 22-Mar-2019 09:30
Where: TRBOT, 77 Adelaide St. W., Toronto, ON
Friday, March 22, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m., Toronto Region Board of Trade, Lennox Hall, 77 Adelaide St. W., Toronto
Please join us to honour this year’s recipient, Maayan Ziv, Founder and CEO of AccessNow. Hear her keynote presentation and connect with fellow communications professionals while learning from Maayan about best practices in the growing field of advocacy communications.
The IABC/Toronto Communicator of the Year is a prestigious award given annually since 1997 to an inspiring leader in the Greater Toronto Area who demonstrates excellence in leadership and communication skills.
Maayan’s in-depth understanding of the barriers that people with disabilities face to achieving equity and inclusion, paired with her background in media studies, is the unique combination that led to the viral success of AccessNow, a mobile app launched in 2015 that invites people of all abilities to contribute accessibility information about places around the world.
She is redefining what the next generation of socially conscious entrepreneurs can stand for, and building a movement where everyone's voices can be heard.
Our judging panel was unanimous in its support of Maayan, commenting that:
• She clearly demonstrates best practices in advocacy communications
• She is a strong, effective leader who has identified what needs to be done and has crowdsourced to make a positive impact for people across the globe
• Her efforts have raised awareness among able-bodied individuals and mobilized them as allies through her digital platform, AccessNow
• She is an incredible storyteller who intuitively understands how to connect with others
Why attend? Here are reasons from past attendees of this signature event:
• “What a fantastic speaker who told stories that we could all draw learning experiences from.”
• “The opportunity for Q&A.”
• “Speaker, opportunity to meet experienced colleagues.”
• “Terrific, well-deserving honoree; appealing opportunity to hear him speak; great event time of day.”
• “The presentation itself–a very engaging talk–and the question-and-answer period that followed. I left feeling very inspired.”
• 7:30 a.m. Registration and networking with breakfast available
• 8:00 a.m. Award presentation
• 8:10 a.m. Presentation for Maayan Ziv
• 8:30 a.m. Audience Q&A
• $50: IABC member early bird rate if you register on or before March 15 ($56.50 with HST)
• $60: IABC member rate on or after March 16 ($67.80 with HST)
• $65: Non-member early bird rate if you register on or before March 15 ($73.45 with HST)
• $75: Non-member rate on or after March 16 ($84.75 with HST)
• $450: Table of eight ($508.50 with HST) Preferred table with premium placement.
• Registering three or more people? Contact toronto-info(at)iabc.to for a special rate.
• Registration includes admission, keynote presentation, networking, and a continental buffet breakfast.
• There is no assigned seating for this event. However, those who purchase a table of eight will have a reserved table with premium placement.
Max. Participants: 100
Sign up before:
Fri, 22-Mar-2019 07:30
Tel: (416) 968-0264
Email: Click here
TRBOT, 77 Adelaide St. W., Toronto, ON
View Larger Map
All Events by IABC Toronto
Return to Menu