HPDE @ Mission Raceway
When: Tue, 14-Sep-2021 08:00
Where: Dyke Rd, Mission, BC
BMW Car Club of BC’s High-Performance Driver Education day, also known as HPDE is our most advanced driving program. Please read all the event information to confirm your eligibility before registering.
- Helmet Required: DOT/Snell M2010 or newer
- Cars with roll cages require SA2010 or newer
- Loaners are not available
- Events are open to street-legal and insured cars only. No race cars or un-insured cars are allowed.
- All drivers must be on time and attend the drivers meeting at 8:30am. Drivers should plan to check-in for 8am to ensure they are not late for the drivers meeting. Drivers meeting is mandatory for all particpants and must be attended to be allowed on track.
- Instructors are available to all drivers, with novice group getting extra guidance
Cost is $300 for club members and $320 for non-club members.
HPDE generally requires completion of one of our previous events at Pitt Meadows (Car Control, Winter Skills, Dancing With Cones) or a previous HPDE day with the BMW CCBC. Note experience
Advanced group requires previous participation in two or more HPDE Days or alternate verifiable course.
For the purposes of our HPDE course, we classify drivers according to past experience with our club, or another recognized group, such as PCA or PDC. We define a novice as a person who has not completed a HPDE day with the BMW CCBC or another group that we recognize and can verify.
If we cannot verify your previous experience, we will classify you as a novice for your first HPDE day with the BMW CCBC until an instructor can sign you off for a higher level.
Group C - Group C is our novice run group. Drivers in this group learn the techniques and fundimentals required to drive a race track safely and effectively at speed. This group will do lead follow throughout the day.
Group B - Group B is our intermediate run group. Drivers in this group have enough experience to run solo on track and pass in designated passing zones.
Group A - Group A is our advanced group. If track conditions allow, this group may have more designated passing zones than Group B.
Note: On occasion drivers and cars may be moved between run groups. Our events attract a wide variety of vehicles and experience which can result in a difference in speed between vehicles. We aim to keep our events safe and enjoyable for all of our participants which may result in adjustments to run groups. Any adjustment to run groups will not affect the amount of time a participant has on track.
Ensuring your car is safe for the track is your responsibility. You must prepare your car for this event in advance of the day. If we have any questions about the mechanical soundness of your car, we hold the privilege not to allow you to run – please be proactive and make sure everything in your car is up to the task. Refunds will not be offered for vehicles which do not meet minimum safety standards at the sole discretion of the track day coordinator. All cars must be street legal with current ICBC or equivalent insurance.
- Exhaust – Mission Raceway has a strict 90dB sound limit, cars exceeding limit will not run
- Tires – no cords showing or are worn beyond a point we feel safe we have the discretion to not allow that car back on track for everyone’s safety.
- Brakes – Check brake fluid and pads.
- Fluids – Check engine oil, transmission, coolant.
- Hood – Must close properly with the stock latching mechanism and/or have hood pins
- Windshield – Vehicles with cracks in the windshield will not be allowed to run.
- Helmet – DOT helmet in good shape or any 2010 Snell or newer in good shape. Cars with roll cages require a SNELL SA2010 or newer. Loaner helmets not available.
- Seats – Two seats with working minimum 3 point seat belts (for instructor ride along).
- Interior – Remove any loose items. (Jack, tools, and spare tire recommended)
- Engine – Check hoses, belts and no fluid leaks. Battery properly secured.
- Misc – When driving, all windows must be all the way up, Sunroofs closed, & convertible tops up.
- All participants and guests entering the event site must read, comprehend, and sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
- There is a mandatory drivers meeting at the start of the day, missing this meeting will end your day
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be consumed by ANY person during the event. The use of illegal/legal drugs is strictly prohibited. No Prescription drugs that may cause drowsiness.
- In-car video and still cameras are allowed ONLY when mounted securely. Absolutely no handholding of any type camera will be allowed.
Cancellation and Refunds
If, for some reason, a registered participant is unable to attend the scheduled course date of the Program, the registered participant may be entitled to a refund minus processing fees (minimum $10) of their registration fees. All cancellation requests must be confirmed in writing (email to Click here ) by the registered participant and will be subject to the refund policy outlined below:
- 30 days or more prior to course date Full refund less processing fee
- 25 to 29 days prior to course date 90% refund less processing fee
- 25 days or less prior to course date 0% refund
- There will be no refunds for no-shows, last-minute cancellations or mechanical issues.
The BMW Car Club of BC reserves the right to cancel any Program dates without notice and will, in such event, make a full refund of any registration fees. No liability is assumed by the BMW Car Club of BC for changes in the Program dates, contents or venues. All refunds will be credited to the Visa or MasterCard used in the original purchase.
Max. Participants: 35
Sign up before:
Mon, 13-Sep-2021 17:00
Email: Click here
Dyke Rd, Mission, BC
Larger Map & Directions
All Events by BMW Car Club of BC
Return to Menu