Live Love Run 5k & 10k
When: Sunday, 14-Oct-2018
Where: 21801 Allard Crescent, Surrey, BC
Hello and Welcome to the 6th Annual
LIVE LOVE RUN 5k & 10k!
hosted by Run Like A Girl Adventures Inc. in support of The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation!
Welcome to The 6th Annual LIVE LOVE RUNl 5k & 10k! On October 14th, 2018! We are running to raise money for The Breast Cancer Foundation, to help and support those around us who face this disease everyday. Proceeds from your race registration will be donated to The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation is Canada’s leading community-driven breast cancer charity dedicated to:
- Funding relevant and innovative research
- Supporting and advocating for the breast cancer community and
- Providing credible, unbiased information to help empower those affected by breast cancer or at increased genetic risk of developing the disease
How our Local Event works:
If you live locally, in the lower main land of Greater Vancouver BC, then you can join us at our local event at Derby Reach Park in Fort Langley on October 14th. We have two race distances options 5k and 10k. All racers receive a limted edition finishers gift.
How our Virtual Event works:
If you do not live locally or cannot make it to the local event then you simply have the freedom to register for the Virtual Event and run your chosen distance when you are able to, wherever you live! Your race package is mailed to you with arrival before the date of October 14th. This is such a great option, you are still able to help us raise money and awarness, yet run where you live, create a group run with friends and we can all run together for this cause around the world on the same day! Your registration fee includes your bib number, a finisher's gift and a donation to The Canadian Breast Cancer Society.
Registration for the Virtual Runners closes September 5th, the reason for this registration closing at this time is to ensure that we can mail and get you your package before the race day.
Local Event Info:
Continuing in 2018 LIVE LOVE RUN is a very special event for us as we are honor two very important and amazing women. Amy and Veronica were very close friends to us and our community. We started our Fight Like A Girl event 5 years ago to stand beside them and help their fight with Breast Cancer. Since summer of 2016 they both have, sadly, been taken from us and have moved into our hearts. Contiuing with 2018 they are forever in our hearts and this October they will be running along side each of us.
- This race is a light trail race, which takes place along the Fraser River on beautiful Fort-to-Fort Trail in Fort Langley, BC. October 14th, 2018.
- The race fee includes your bib number, a finisher’s gift and a donation to The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- We will have massage therapists on site offering after run massages by donation. The money raised from massages will also be donated to The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Registration for Local Racers closes October 1st or when we have reached the max number of 150 racers.
- There are 50 - 5k, 100 - 10k total spots avaliable.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
If you are interested in volunteering, please visit http://runlikeagirl.ca/race/fight-like-a-girl/ and fill out the Volunteer registraion form. All volunteers receive a one of a kind Tshirt!
- Race start time: 9:30am
- 1 aid station @ 2.5k – the turn around point/stocked with water, snacks and medical
- Race start time: 9:00am
- 2 aid stations: 2.5k & 7km/stocked with water, snacks, medical
Additional Race Info:
- Package pickup for local racer will take place on Wednesday, October 10th from 5:00pm-7:30pm. Location the Lelem Cafe: #100, 23285 Billy Brown Rd, Langley, BC V1M 0C8
- All racers receive a limited edition gift, this year it is a LIVE LOVE RUN running touque.
- We strongly encourge carpooling to the race, parking is limited!
- Post race snacks are provided along with an aid station for both distances.
- We will have massage therapists on site offering massages by donation.
- We will have RLAG SWAG for sale! – cash or credit.
- We try to keep our events as green as possible, please carry a water bottle or reusable cup with you to refill at the aid stations. Littering on course or in the park is not tolerated.
- The Fort to Fort Trail is a wide hard packed dirt/gravel trail that flows along side of the Fraser River. The 5ker’s will enjoy and mainly flat trail moving in and out of forest and fields. The 10ker’s will, in addition, be running the Huston Loop Trail which is a beautiful loop with rolling hills in the Forested area.
- Dogs are allowed at the park however, strickly enforced on leashes only.
- The start and finish line takes place at the Derby Reach Campground Day Picnic Area.
21801 Allard Crescent, Fort Langley BC
- Local Racers will recieve a local racer info email within 2 weeks of the event date.
Your Finishers Gift:
A RLAG Technical Running Touque!
Also purchase during regisration:
Live Love Run Technical Running T-shirt!
Run Like A Girl Race Belt:
Holds your race bib, no pins needed and has a stretchy pouch for keys or snacks!
Run Like A Girl Compress Sport Head Band:
Avaliable in pink or black!
We cannot wait to see you on October 14th! Thank you so much for your support!
Max. Participants: 300
Sign up before:
Sat, 13-Oct-2018 17:00
Tel: (604) 230-3927
Email: Click here
21801 Allard Crescent, Surrey, BC
View Larger Map
All Events by Run Like A Girl
Return to Menu